With four children, a large part of my life has been spent on the school run. It’s become part of my routine. Like breathing.
We were on our way to school earlier this week and I started thinking about how I feel about it, so I thought I’d share with you.
The cons (well, let’s get the negatives out of the way first which will allow me to finish on a high!):
- Dog poo. OMG pick that up! Don’t leave it there for me or my children to walk in!
- People who smoke whilst pushing a pram, blowing the smoke onto the tiny baby
- People who park on the yellow zigzags outside school. Or partially on the kerb. Especially when there is a large carpark nearby.
The pros (and these are the highlight of my day):
- Getting some one-to-one time with Munchkin.
- Stopping to show things to Munchkin – ladybirds, leaves, snowflakes – and marvelling at them as if it were the first time I’d seen them
- Learning more about my little man, about his day and his school life.
- Chatting with my neighbours and friends that I see.
- Living in the countryside. Fresh air. The sunshine. The rain. Rainbows. The snow. Being outside makes me feel good.
- Realising just how lucky I am.
How does the school run make you feel? Is it a positive experience or not?