It’s not always easy to find the positives.
Your day might feel like a catalogue of bad luck; it’s raining, the bus is late, every traffic light is red, work is stressful, there are no seats on the bus on the way home, the children are fighting, you burn dinner and no one will eat it and you wonder why you even bothered getting out of bed… Sound familiar?
Well, I am trying to find 5 positives in every day. And I’m encouraging you all to too.
Each evening before you go to bed, list 5 good things from your day. Maybe someone held the door open for you or maybe had cake with your coffee (that’s definitely a thumbs up here!)
I listed mine yesterday:
- The sun is shining (never underestimate the power of the sunshine)
- I love my journey to work with THE best bus driver (he plays great music on the journey)
- I was working in my favourite school
- I was going to Teen 2’s leavers’ assembly in the evening
- My husband was finishing work early
The don’t need to be earth shattering, good-news-klaxon worthy, just small things that make your day better.
Let me know if you try it – and what your 5 positives today are. I’d love to hear from you